Martinez

During the academic year I go to Martinez on the train once every other weekend to meet and write with a group of friends -- Meghan (my Reno PhD friend, now a professor at St Mary's), and Tricia and Julia and Sreela from Santa Clara.

After the year ended the Santa Clara crew dispersed -- Sreela to Japan and India, Tricia to Singapore, and Julia to various places in the US -- Meghan and I didn't get organized to meet until today.

The day began well, with a bunny at the train station.


Then I did some work on the train (and also enjoyed the view):



In Martinez, I worked on the next book (code name: Flipper) while Meghan revised an article. Some 1700s-era Brexit fans (sort of) dropped by.


They kept asking about tea.

Dev found a seat designed just for him at a cafe:



After we were done working, Meghan headed home and I decided to walk a bit before the train came. Davis is flat (flat flat flat flat flat), so I thought it might be nice to give my legs a try at a hill, warming them up for Scotland.




Martinez is pretty serious about its hills.

And then back to Davis on the train:


I mostly wrote during the ride, but it's so unusual to see the door to the front open that I popped up now and then to take a picture.


Tomorrow things return to normal, which is to say, back to the local cafe to keep writing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UWP 018: Style in the what?

Some architectural comments

Moray Coast, Day 2: Findhorn to Hopeman part 2