Shetlands trip, step 3: Aberdeen to Lerwick
Our "sailing" time was 5:00 and we were allowed to check in any time after 3:00, so after the museum we headed to the boat.
We actually arrived before the check in time and so wandered around the dock area for a bit.
Then, to the Hrossy!
Dev helped adjust the ramp:
The entrance was like a hotel lobby:
The interior was also hotel-like, albeit with somewhat more confined dimensions:
Ship exploration showed that others had even less space; these are the "pods" in which one is allegedly able to sleep well:
I think I'd be better off on the floor.
We had nice views from the windows...
...and from various decks, including the one on the top of the ship:
The trip out of the harbor provided some good views of the working port:
And then, the North Sea!
After dinner we played Scrabble in the lounge, and I did very well -- I got more than half of Orhan's score!
Then we went to our separate beds, gazing at each other over the table...
...or under it:
Around 11:00 we stopped in the Orkneys to let some people off and on, then we slept until the morning arrival in the Shetlands.
We actually arrived before the check in time and so wandered around the dock area for a bit.
Then, to the Hrossy!
Dev helped adjust the ramp:
The entrance was like a hotel lobby:
The interior was also hotel-like, albeit with somewhat more confined dimensions:
Ship exploration showed that others had even less space; these are the "pods" in which one is allegedly able to sleep well:
I think I'd be better off on the floor.
We had nice views from the windows...
...and from various decks, including the one on the top of the ship:
The trip out of the harbor provided some good views of the working port:
And then, the North Sea!
After dinner we played Scrabble in the lounge, and I did very well -- I got more than half of Orhan's score!
Then we went to our separate beds, gazing at each other over the table...
...or under it:
Around 11:00 we stopped in the Orkneys to let some people off and on, then we slept until the morning arrival in the Shetlands.













































































Comments
Post a Comment