Mexico City: En route

Monday, June 19th -- Orhan drove Meaghan and me to SFO so we could have a direct flight instead of a four hour layover in Guadalajara. (The flights were also a lot cheaper.)

Dev was pretty excited to be heading out again.



They did not specify if there would be teeny-tiny oxygen masks for small plush birds. I lied and told Dev I was sure there would be.


Here is what happens when (1) dinner comes with a square of chocolate wrapped in gold foil paper, (2) you make a crane out of yours and give to a flight attendant, and (3) she decides this means you need lots paper and brings you 10 wrappers and two more chocolates:


She was pretty amazed by the tiny one. I was amazed I could make it.

As we approached Mexico City, the nice woman at the window let Dev have a look:


An hour and a half in line gave Dev lots of time to get even more excited:


Al centro!

Checking in at the hostel. Dev hoped this was our room. I hoped it wasn't.

 It wasn't.

This was!

 It's apparently called a "pod." The bed is on a platform and one's stuff goes underneath.

Mine is at the end of a hallway, so I can leave my doors open at night and get some breeze from the window:


And that was Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UWP 018: Style in the what?

Some architectural comments

Moray Coast, Day 2: Findhorn to Hopeman part 2