Every fall

I spend the first week or so of classes feeling like this time I have a schedule I can stay on top of.  Then October arrives, and I realize I was fooling myself again.

Thursday I worked on my merit file (for my semi-annual review) then went to Berkeley for some meetings; the trip there, the meetings, and the trip back ate 9 hours.

Friday I completed my merit file and then spent a few hours adapting and a letter of recommendation for a graduate student, tailoring the letter to each job. That was two days of no writing and not much chance to interact with my current students.

Yesterday I fit in a few hours of writing, then wrote another letter of recommendation for another graduate student. Taking care of some urgent emails and some others that were not urgent when I got them, but that were getting old enough to be pressing, took another hour.

Today I did more writing (getting ready for the upcoming ASBH conference) and finally now am able to turn my attention to my classes.

It's all good, just... there aren't enough hours in the day, just like there weren't last fall, or the fall before, or the fall before, or...

Dev's not sure what all the racing about is about. His newest goal is to get someone to make him a tiny little version of this outfit:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UWP 018: Style in the what?

Some architectural comments

Moray Coast, Day 2: Findhorn to Hopeman part 2